Your Spring Plumbing Checklist
You’re probably getting excited about the nice weather and breezy days coming up. While we would love you to keep enjoying your spring days, there are some things you should take care of first. Plumbing is probably the last thing on your mind, but in order for you to have a trouble-free season, we’d like you to prepare so that your plumbing system is on its best behavior.
Evaluating your plumbing system regularly is the main part of its maintenance. Assessing and detecting problems earlier on can save you from pricey repairs in the future. If you or a plumber finds something wrong after examining your plumbing system, you may need a plumbing repair service. Luckily, Sunshine Plumbers have experienced plumbers that won’t let you down.
- Outdoor Faucets: Make sure your faucets aren’t leaking. A small droplet could go a long way, seeping into the ground and ruining the foundation of your home. This can also cause water bills to increase. If you don’t visit your outdoors often, then a leak can be overlooked easily. Hence why regular checkups on systems and appliances in your property are essential for well-sustained maintenance.
- Maintain Water Heater: To save money on your energy bill, make sure your water heater is set below 120 degrees. Make sure there are no objects placed around the water heater. Remember to keep track of your water heater’s age. Older heaters are less efficient, so it may be a good idea to think about replacements after 15 years.
- Check Appliances: For all your appliances that use water, check your water supply hoses for leaks and damage. If any of the hoses or pipes look like their time is over, replace them with stainless steel ones. This is a sturdier and more reliable material. Check the lint trap on your washing machine to ensure that no material should be going to your plumbing system.
- Clean AC Drain Line: Your air conditioning drain line can clog up during the year, so having it cleaned before warm weathers show is a good idea. Having a plumber do the job is most likely the easiest. Sunshine Plumbers can help get your AC drain line clean and fresh easily.
- Sump Pump: As part of the maintenance process, check to see if your sump pump is functioning properly. Pour a bucket of water into the pit and activate the system to start draining the water. If the sump pump fails to deactivate afterward, you may need to call for a plumbing repair service.
- Drainage Control: Make sure there are no blockages or clogs in your drains. Clean out any hair or grease you can with your hands, then pour hot water with baking soda to clean up the clog. You can limit the number of substances other than water that goes down the drain by placing a strain. If these tricks don’t help with the clogs, then it’s a more serious issue and you will need to call Sunshine Plumbers for the repair.
Having a fresh start will give both you and your plumbing system a breather. Preparing for the upcoming season and checking off everything on your spring plumbing to-do list will pay off in the end when you can have carefree days.